Bluto's Pop Quizzes
Test your knowledge
Theme: Bluto's (or another guy's) pick-up/pitching woo lines.
Name the cartoons
1. "My little cactus, stick with me. Riches and love I'll give to thee."
2. "Vous est tres jolie, Mademoiselle! Bon jour."
3. "You remind me of a giraffe - you'd make such swell neckin'"
4. "My weakness is a pretty face."
5. "Ah, c'mon, let's make this a hot picture, Babe, and burn up the camera. Give us a kiss!"
6. "Now that we're alone, Gorgeous, how about getting amorouso with this virtuoso with a kissamo?"
7. "C'mon, Gorgeous, I'll teach you to be the hottest skater on ice."
8. "It's a pleasure to meet a beautiful doll like you, Babe."
9. "Ah, My Little Sugar, come have tea in my teepee."
10. "I'll show you how to improve your stroke, Babyface."
Is That Your Final Answer?
Bluto's Pop Quiz One
1. The Fistic Mystic.
2. Popeye And The Pirates.
3. Pitchin' Woo At The Zoo.
4. Quick On The Vigor.
5. Abusement Park.
6. Symphony In Spinach.
7. I'll Be Skiing You.
8. A Haul In One.
9. Wigwam Whoopee.
10. (d.) Beaus
Will Be Beaus.
Theme: Bluto's punishments.
Name the cartoons where
1. Is left roasting on a pitchfork over a fire pit.
2. Gets the job
he wanted, but loses the girl.
4. Is encased in a water cooler bottle.
5. Is locked with Popeye in the back of a dog catcher's truck.
6. Has the words "The End" branded into the seat of his pants.
7. Is left in a make-shift playpen, wearing baby clothes and crying.
8. Gets trapped in a hay bale.
9. Is punched down into the size of a midget by Popeye.
10. Has the tattoo on his chest sunk.
Bluto's Pop Quiz Two
. Crystal Brawl
2. Anvil Chorus Girl.
3. Beaus Will Be Beaus.
4. Tops In The Big Top.
5. For Better Or Worse.
6. Rodeo Romeo.
7. Tar With A Star.
8. All's Fair At The Fair.
9. Popeye Meets Hercules.
10. Beach Peach.
Theme: Clean-shaven men.
Answer these questions about Popeye's beardless enemies.
1. Who raced against Popeye in Double-Cross Country Race?
2. Name two cartoons where the villain is seen shaving or getting a shave in order to get ready for a date with
. Olive Oyl
3. What's the pirate captain's name in Popeye And The Pirates?
4. What does the lifeguard have tattooed on his chest in Beach Peach?
5. During what cartoon does a clean-shaven Bluto make
Oliveswoon at the piano?
6. What does the bank robber say about
in Cops Is Tops? Olive Oyl
7. Who Is
OliveOyl's favorite romantic TV star that she hopes to get a date with?
8. What did
Chieffirst try to do to Popeye? Shmohawk
9. What was the cannibal chief chasing at the end of Pop-Pie A La Mode?
10. Did the hulking scofflaw swimmer say anything to Popeye in Cops Is Tops?
Bluto's Pop Quiz Three
2. Snow Place Like Home, Shaving Muggs.
4. A battleship.
5. Jitterbug Jive.
6. "What a doll!"
7. The International.
8. Scalp him using a golf club-like thing.
9. A shark.
Theme: Bluto the body builder.
1. Name the two cartoons in which
taps on Bluto's iron hard bicep. Olive Oyl
2. In which cartoon does even Bluto's muscular arm have additional muscles of its own?
3. What does the carnival strong man do to prove to
Olivethat she's won his heart?
4. In which cartoon does Bluto out-do exercise instructor Popeye?
5. What does Bluto do that causes
to call him a "handsome Olive Oyl Samson?"
6. In which cartoon does
Olivesay, "Bluto, you're such a handsome monstrosity?"
7. What do Hercules' two assistants do?
8. What do the muscles on the lifeguard's arms form in order to impress
? Olive Oyl
9. Besides Beach Peach, name three other cartoons in which Popeye's enemy wears a swimsuit.
10. In which cartoon does
Olivethink Bluto is a "physical phenomenon," even though she mispronounces it?
Bluto's Pop Quiz Four
1. The Anvil Chorus Girl, Safari So Good.
3. Bends a girder into the shape of a heart.
4. Gym Jam.
5. Rings the bell at one of those carnival, "swing the mallet and ring the bell" test of strength things.
6. Tops In The Big Top.
7. Take Hercules' warm-up robe off.
8. A bowling ball and bowling pins. Then, the ball knocks over the pins.
Will Be Beaus, Swimmer Take All, Snow Place Like Home -
10. All's Fair At The Fair.
Theme: Evil in disguise.
Answer these questions about cartoons that featured a disguised Bluto.
1. Who does Bluto disguise himself as in She-Sick Sailors?
2. How does Bluto make it seem that he stops a train in that cartoon?
3. In what cartoon does Bluto disguise himself as a Mae West sounding woman?
4. How does
6. When Bluto first comes up with his scheme to impersonate The International, what does his face sort of morph into?
7. Where is
"The International" intending to take
8. In which
cartoon does Bluto imitate Popeye's voice to successfully get a kiss from
9. Where does "The International" wind up at the end of the cartoon?
10. How does
Bluto's Pop Quiz Five
2. He positions himself on the tracks in front of the train station where the train is coming to a halt to let off passengers.
3. Gym Jam
4. Puts his arm around her and says, "Merry Christmas, Babe...(coughs) uh, Miss."
5. "Twas The Night Before Christmas"
6. A devil.
7. For a stroll in the moonlight.
8. Puppet Love
9. In the television set.
10. A candle on the tree burns off his beard.
My home page with links to my Buffy, Popeye, TV/Movies, Beliefs, and other pages.
Return to top of this page.
All the aspects of Bluto I could think of are discussed on various Bluto pages. Go here for a complete listing.
As the title says, lots about Olive Oyl. You can choose from a number of titles to link to many other of my pages about this lovely lady.
My Popeye Page. Lots of links to my pages about the King Of Spinach.
This page was created using Corel Word Perfect Suite 8 and Netscape Navigator Composer. All characters and images are legal properties of their respective companies and are used here without permission for entertainment, review, and informational purposes only. All other material is copyright 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 by Steve R. Bierly.